Wednesday, June 24, 2009

VBS, SBC, and IWALAHY



We are in the middle of Vacation Bible School. Those of you who grew up in church know VBS stands for Vacation Bible School which means kool aid and cookies for most of us. The refreshments, crafts, and recreation have certainly improved with time but the fun has always been off the chart. VBS has traditionally been one of the biggest outreach tools for our church and this year will probably be no different. Tomorrow is one of the most important days when I share the story of Jesus with grades 1-5. If you think about it, pray for our time together! A special thanks to our 76 plus volunteers who made it happen this week. I am making a promise for next year. I will work somewhere in VBS next year, how about you?

SBC..this stands for the Southern Baptist Convention of which our church is a part. Every year there is a 2-3 day business meeting mixed with some of the best preaching in our Convention. This year it was held in our state of Kentucky. I had the opportunity to go over for a short time on Tuesday. It is a good time to re-connect with other ministers and their families.

IWALAHY....This is what is inscribed on the inside of my wedding ring given to me by Leigh Ann. I can't tell you everything. It has been this way for 19 going on 20 years. Feel free to make a guess! What does it mean IWALAHY? Ditto from me to you Leigh Ann!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I believe the inscription on your
ring might be " I will always love
and honor you."

Dot Kanipe