Monday, January 12, 2009

Quitting Golf?


Every year when it turns cold I lose interest in golf. I decided this year I was going to quit playing and have told a few people. When I say that they look at me like I have 2 heads. The response is always "you like it too much" and "WHY?" Well, the truth is I really do like it and think it is the greatest individual sport but the reasons to stop are compelling.
  • I probably will not get any better because it takes practice and I don't like practice. Not that I am any good now!
  • It is an expensive hobby! 
  • The most compelling reason is 2 young girls, my daughters. As many of you know it takes a good 4 hours to play a round of golf and that is 4 hours I should be using in a more productive manner.
Well there it is. Will I really quit? I may play sparingly but I don't want to become obsessed with golf. I want to focus this year more on my FAITH, and FAMILY!

ps Will it be OK if I decide to take a MULLIGAN?

1 comment:

Mark said...

My prediction is you will make up to the Masters. Then you will get the fever and one of your blog posts about late April will be how much you enjoy being back playing golf :)