Saturday, December 13, 2008

The Christmas Season



Most of us get excited during the Christmas holidays and rightfully so. If you have children the celebration of giving gifts during Christmas seems to be taken up a notch. Having said that, many folks in our wonderful country experience difficulty at this time of the year. The reasons are many.

  • Many people have buried loved ones and you especially miss them during the Holidays
  • A lot of people can't afford to provide Christmas gifts for their children let alone exchange gifts with friends
  • I know personally of families who will be separated during Christmas because of the wars
  • I know others who have little or no family with which to share the holidays
  • Many people will celebrate Christmas but not celebrate the Christ child because they don't have a personal relationship with Him
  • Missionaries will celebrate Christmas but very far away from any family
There is a family who left our church to go to the Mission field 3 years ago and I received an email from them. I want to share a portion of that with you.

This will be our third Christmas away from friends and family. This season is probably the most difficult time for most missionaries. HOWEVER, the Lord laid something on my heart and I thought I would share it with you. Christmas is an amazing holiday but we often forget what it's all about...So, yesterday in my quiet time the Lord laid something on my heart. Here' goes...

Typically, Easter is the time that we focus on the days leading up to Calvary and the pain that Jesus experienced. Yesterday I realized that the sacrifice began at Bethlehem and not Calvary. It is my prayer that God will give me the strength to submit myself to Him daily and that I would find great joy in sacrificing myself for the sake of my Lord and King.

What a merciful, and loving God we serve. It is our prayer that FBC experience the true joy of this blessed season by remembering the great sacrifice that was made at Bethlehem.

We love you in the Triumphant and Blessed Name of Jesus!

Jeff and The Girls

Jesus Loves You Chiyawo: Isa Akunonyela Wawo gajenji

I pray as you share with your family the celebration of Jesus that you include others who need to be reminded that Jesus came for all people.

Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great job on your Blog. Looking forward to reconnecting