Saturday, December 6, 2008

JUDGEMENT DAY!




The bible speaks plainly about a judgement day for all people which includes followers of Christ and those who reject Him. In Hebrews 9:27 the Bible says; 'It is appointed once for men to die and after this comes judgement.' God's Word teaches that He will judge lost people(those who reject Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord) for their sin and He will judge saved people(those who recieve Jesus Christ and follow Him) for their works. Nevertheless, we will all be judged.

I had sort of a "judgement day" on Friday. Last month I received a warning for speeding and given a ticket because I could not find my insurance card. I was to appear in traffic court on Friday morning. I was told by the Policeman most of the time if you will simply show your insurance card to the judge they will dismiss your ticket. That is what I was hoping would happen.

Well I showed up for court on Friday with somewhere around 75 other folks each with traffic tickets of some kind. I took my place in the pew (yes, they have pews for you to sit in while waiting for the Judge) near the front row and made small talk with the lady next to me. She informed me she had not had a ticket in several years and was a little apprehensive about what would happen to her. I couldn't say that.

As we all sat waiting patiently for the Judge to appear, it occured to me that one day I and everyone else in that room would be facing another Judge which the Bible mentions. I then began making some comparisons with my present experience to the judgement the Bible describes in the future when this life is over. Here is what the Spirit of God reminded me about our appointment with God.

  • One day we will all find ourselves before God and give an account of our lives. (Romans 14:12) The apostle Paul says good or bad we will give an account of everthing.

  • He will either be our Judge or Savior depending on what you have done with Jesus Christ.
  • Your judge if you reject Him or your savior if you receive Him.

  • There will be but one plea for all.................GUILTY as charged. (Romans 3:23 "for all have sinned")

  • There will be no attorneys pleading our case.

  • However, for followers of Christ the Bible teaches that there is one mediator between God and man. His name is Jesus! (1 Timothy 2:5) John calls him our advocate. (1 John 2:1)

  • I felt more at ease than most of the people in the room that day and the reason was; I knew the judge personally and the judge knew me. I am glad to say that I know the God of creation who will judge the living and the dead.

Are you prepared to face the judgement day in eternity? The best preparation is to know God. Do you know Him? The Bible promises you can Him. Listen to what the Word of God says.

'for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God' (Romans 3:23)

'but God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.' (Romans 5:8)

'For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.' (Romans 6:23)

'because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved.' (Romans 10:9-10)

'For "everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)

No comments: