Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Is Jesus Liberal or Conservative?

I am convinced Jesus is both. There is no way you can make a solid case for Jesus being one or the other. I believe he was liberal and conservative, but not at the same time. I shared in a message once some areas I found in the Word of God where Jesus is clearly liberal and we should follow His lead. Here are 3;
  1. He was liberal in His Love for People! (John 15:12)
  2. He was liberal in His Patience towards People! (2 Pet. 3:9) (Exodus 34:7)
  3. He was liberal in Giving His Possessions and His Person!(Phil. 2:3-5) (Matt. 8:18-20)

I am glad Jesus was liberal in how He loved me? Someone has said correctly "There is nothing I can do to make Him(Jesus) love me any more nor any less." He loves me liberally with an everlasting love. (Jer. 31:3)

I am so glad Jesus was patient with me? The passage in 2 Peter tells us that God is not willing that any should perish but He is longsuffering. I am so happy He was patient with me.

I am glad that Jesus was liberal when it came to giving! The bible tells us in the most famous passage of all "For God so loved the world that He GAVE His only Son." Jesus said "No one takes it(His life) from Me, but I lay it down.

The Good News is that Jesus feels that way about you as well. "Aren't you glad that Jesus is Liberal?

What other ways do you see Jesus being liberal? I would love to hear from you.

No comments: