Tuesday, October 28, 2008

My Introduction to the Blogosphere!

Here are some things I am discovering about the world of blogging!


  • It is something I should have been involved with sooner! (not because my life or thoughts are interesting and important but it is a healthy discipline for me as a pastor) John Piper writes there are 6 reasons pastors should blog!

http://www.desiringgod.org/Blog/1156_6_reasons_pastors_should_blog/


  • I enjoy reading what's going on in the world of other friends and acquaintances. Many of the blogs I follow are fellow ministers.

  • Reading is one of the best ways to gain knowledge.

  • I am discovering many blogs contain sermon fodder with stories, illustrations, quotes and etc.

  • It is a good way to keep up with people from all over the world(literally).

  • There are common issues facing all of us and opinions vary tremendously. It is helpful to hear how people view these issues. (often times different than I do)

  • It is a good way to journal and also to vent.
  • Thank the Lord it is easy to edit your post!
I want to encourage you to check out my blog list. What blogs do you follow? Email me some of your favorite blogs especially your own. You can contact me by going to my profile.


I close with one of my favorite quotes by Jimmy Stewart from his movie "HARVEY"!




"Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, "In this world, Elwood, you must be," - she always called me Elwood - "In this world, you must be oh so smart, or oh so pleasant." Well, for years I was smart. I recommend pleasant. You may quote me."


No comments: