Monday, November 24, 2008

Monday Ramblings

  • Just getting my head clear from the weekend. Had 7-9 middle school girls for Disciple Now stay at our home. I am doing things that I used to say only old people do. For ex; 10pm is bedtime, silence and solitude is therapeutic, having a place for things and things in their place is a good thing, it is good to be grown-up(I think)

  • Enjoyed our Worship yesterday. Our focus was on Missions. Was reminded by one of our men the only thing we failed to do during the service was to PRAY for the people the missionaries are ministering to and he was right. They need our prayers as well. Don't forget to pray when you put on your shoes! "how beautiful are the feet of those who preach the gospel of peace"


  • Our church family enjoyed a Thanksgiving meal together last night and then shared some things for which we are "thankful." God is good.

  • I have an idea for "Thanksgiving." Tell me what you think. Let's serve the community a "thanksgiving meal." I realize we can't serve everyone but we could select some of those less fortunate year by year. What do you think?

No comments: