Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Random Thoughts

God is in the news!


In Ratanur Nepal, many believe that Buddha has re-emerged from the jungle. The reincarnated Buddha is an 18 year old boy. He was first recognized in 2005 in south Nepal where he spent months without moving, sitting with his eyes closed beneath a tree. One believer said "I have no doubt in my mind he is a god, he has been meditating without food and water and no human can achieve such a feat."




          In DC a group of atheist have launched an ad campaign under the title of "Why Believe in a God?" The American Humanist association has spent $40,000 to run these ads on buses in the city and they will run through December.

                          In Exodus 20 the bible records these words "You shall have no other gods before Me." The writer of Psalm 73 asks the question "Whom have I in heaven but You? And there is none upon earth that I desire besides You. My flesh and my heart fail; But God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. I have put my trust in the Lord God, That I may declare Your works."



                          We must "go into all nations and tell the good news". From D.C. to Nepal and every place in between, people need to know the Lord.

                          • I want your opinion. I am going to replace my computer. In the upper right there is a poll. Tell me what you think.
                          • I hope to have last Sunday evenings sermon on the website by the weekend. You should be able to find it at this link http://www.fbcowb.org/resources/sermons.php

                          No comments: